sharepoint foundation 2010

Jun 17, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Hello,

I'am trying to use Mail2SharePoint in Sharepoint Foundation 2010. Then i uploaded solution and try activate - get this error message:

This solution contains invalid markup or elements that cannot be deployed as part of a sandboxed solution. Solution manifest for solution '0fa46979-a845-4ee0-90f1-d95693478944' failed validation, file manifest.xml, line 16, character 4: The element 'Solution' in namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/' has invalid child element 'TemplateFiles' in namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/'. List of possible elements expected: 'ActivationDependencies' in namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/'.

 

Is it compatible with sharepoint foundation 2010? if not how to make it working.

 

Thanks,

 

Coordinator
Jun 17, 2011 at 11:12 AM
I'm afraid the solution needs to deploy assemblies into the GAC, so it's not available as a sandboxed solution. You'll need to deploy it via STSADM / powershell.

Hope that clears things up. David.



On 17 Jun 2011, at 11:57, "zxc7890" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: zxc7890

Hello,

I'am trying to use Mail2SharePoint in Sharepoint Foundation 2010. Then i uploaded solution and try activate - get this error message:

This solution contains invalid markup or elements that cannot be deployed as part of a sandboxed solution. Solution manifest for solution '0fa46979-a845-4ee0-90f1-d95693478944' failed validation, file manifest.xml, line 16, character 4: The element 'Solution' in namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/' has invalid child element 'TemplateFiles' in namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/'. List of possible elements expected: 'ActivationDependencies' in namespace 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/'.

Is it compatible with sharepoint foundation 2010? if not how to make it working.

Thanks,

Jun 17, 2011 at 1:36 PM

Thank's for replay,

 

I have done with PowerShell:

Add-SPSolution -LiteralPath <SolutionPath>
Install-SPSolution -Identity <SolutionName> -AllWebApplications -GACDeployment
 
Now I need "Create a new library with the 'M2S_Email Library' definition" 
Question: How I can create new library from PowerShell?
Coordinator
Jun 17, 2011 at 3:33 PM
You only need to install via the command line - then you can create email libraries through the user interface.



On 17 Jun 2011, at 14:36, "zxc7890" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: zxc7890

Thank's for replay,

I have done with PowerShell:

Add-SPSolution -LiteralPath <SolutionPath>
Install-SPSolution -Identity <SolutionName> -AllWebApplications -GACDeployment
 
Now I need "Create a new library with the 'M2S_Email Library' definition" 
Question: How I can create new library from PowerShell?
Jun 20, 2011 at 1:48 PM

David,

How I may install via the command line?

1) I add solution. get-spsolution command dislayed, that solution added, but not deployed.

Name                           SolutionId                           Deployed
----                           ----------                           --------
mail2sharepointserver.wsp      0fa46979-a845-4ee0-90f1-d95693478944 False

2) I trying install solution with command:

Install-SPSolution -Identity mail2sharepointserver.wsp -AllWebApplication -GACDeployment -CASPolicies -Force

there no error, but nothing change. Solution (get-spsolution) still deployed = false.

I think it is easy, but I am not strong in sharepoint, please, help...

 

P.S.

In "Central Administration" "Job definitions" it is job: Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Solution Deployment for "mail2sharepointserver.wsp"

if i try run - this job - nothing hapenning, if I try "Install-SPSolution..." before deletion this job - I get error "Install-SPSolution : A deployment or retraction is already under way for the solution "mail2sharepointserver.wsp", and only one deployment"

If I delete this job and then run "Intall-SpSolution ..." there no error, but nothing hapenning.

Coordinator
Jun 20, 2011 at 3:25 PM
I think you'll need to use the 'immediate' switch in the deployment step to kick the timer job straight off.



On 20 Jun 2011, at 14:48, "zxc7890" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: zxc7890

David,

How I may install via the command line?

1) I add solution. get-spsolution command dislayed, that solution added, but not deployed.

Name SolutionId Deployed
---- ---------- --------
mail2sharepointserver.wsp 0fa46979-a845-4ee0-90f1-d95693478944 False

2) I trying install solution with command:

Install-SPSolution -Identity mail2sharepointserver.wsp -AllWebApplication -GACDeployment -CASPolicies -Force

there no error, but nothing change. Solution (get-spsolution) still deployed = false.

I think it is easy, but I am not strong in sharepoint, please, help...

P.S.

In "Central Administration" "Job definitions" it is job: Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Solution Deployment for "mail2sharepointserver.wsp"

if i try run - this job - nothing hapenning, if I try "Install-SPSolution..." before deletion this job - I get error "Install-SPSolution : A deployment or retraction is already under way for the solution "mail2sharepointserver.wsp", and only one deployment"

If I delete this job and then run "Intall-SpSolution ..." there no error, but nothing hapenning.

Jun 20, 2011 at 4:23 PM
I have write simple script file i.cp1 and run it:
Get-SPTimerJob | where { $_.name -like “*solution-deployment-mail2sharepointserver.wsp-0*” } |ft id,name
$job = Get-SPTimerJob -id solution-deployment-mail2sharepointserver.wsp-0
$job.Delete()
Get-SPTimerJob | select Name, DisplayName
// in this command result there no job with name "mail2share..."
Install-SPSolution –Identity mail2sharepointserver.wsp -AllWebApplication -GACDeployment -CASPolicies -Force
Parameters of install-spsolution:

Time

Optional

System.String

Specifies when the solution will be deployed. The default value is immediate deployment.

There no error, but get-spsolution solution-deployment-mail2sharepointserver.wsp still deployed = false
Any ideas?